The Legendary Master’s Wife
Web Novel (CN)
Rating(4.3 / 5.0, 1714 votes)
|5||71% (1214 votes)|
|4||9% (159 votes)|
|3||9% (149 votes)|
|2||4% (75 votes)|
|1||7% (117 votes)|
Author(s)One entry per line
Artist(s)One entry per line
Status in COOStatus in Country of Origin. One entry per line
713 Chapters + 18 Extras (Completed)
Original PublisherOne entry per line
English PublisherOne entry per line
Release FrequencyEvery 102.8 Day(s)
Activity Stats [Graph]Weekly Rank: #271
Monthly Rank: #444
All Time Rank: #80
Reading List [Graph]
On 16883 Reading Lists
Monthly Rank: #88
All Time Rank: #51
DescriptionLinks are NOT allowed. Format your description nicely so people can easily read them. Please use proper spacing and paragraphs.
After an explosion, You XiaoMo finds that he is now a probationary disciple of the TianXin sect. However, he is one with dubious potential, so just when he starts to adapt to his new circumstances, he receives a piece of bad news. If he is unable to produce the required result after half a year to become an official disciple of the TianXin sect, he would be driven out of the sect.
While You XiaoMo is going all out to make medicines and earn money, he runs into Ling Xiao. To his horror, he later discovers that Ling Xiao is actually someone cloaked in human skin.
Associated NamesOne entry per line
Chuanshuo Zhi Zhu De Furen
Truyền thuyết chi chủ đích phu nhân
Truyền thuyết chi chủ đích phu nhân
RecommendationsRebirth of the Supreme Celestial Being (19)
I Have Medicine (14)
The Founder of Diabolism (14)
The Reader and Protagonist Definitely Have to Be in True Love (14)
Quickly Wear the Face of the Devil (12)
Transmigrating into a Mob Character to Rehabilitate the Villain Plan (10)
- finished reading | BL
- To read or not to read that is the question
- BL Novels I have finished reading Part 1
- [BL] NOVELS ADAPTED TO MANHUA / MANHWA
|03/27/19||Exiled Rebels Scanlations||c731 (end)|
|03/26/19||Exiled Rebels Scanlations||c730|
|03/25/19||Exiled Rebels Scanlations||c729|
|03/24/19||Exiled Rebels Scanlations||c728|
|03/23/19||Exiled Rebels Scanlations||c727|
|03/22/19||Exiled Rebels Scanlations||c726|
|03/21/19||Exiled Rebels Scanlations||c725|
|03/20/19||Exiled Rebels Scanlations||c724|
|03/19/19||Exiled Rebels Scanlations||c723|
|03/18/19||Exiled Rebels Scanlations||c722|
|03/17/19||Exiled Rebels Scanlations||c721|
|03/16/19||Exiled Rebels Scanlations||c720|
|03/15/19||Exiled Rebels Scanlations||c719|
|03/14/19||Exiled Rebels Scanlations||c718|
|03/13/19||Exiled Rebels Scanlations||c717|
Go to Page...
Go to Page...
Then you continue onwards, and although nothing major happens, you get the romance vibes from the MC and his new friend.
Then you go beyond that and the sexual tension starts... more>>
Its 4 am.. And I'm crying, for goodness sake.. and I haven't sleep yetIts really interesting novel, with good story about cultivator life with Bl theme, the pace of story kinda slow in the begining but not really slow that make you want to skip going at the end of book (in the last chapters the pace feel rushed) , consistent character,
above 200 there will be many many smut scene.. Although its not really explicit, the smut scene will always be smut scene
and I'm crying because its ended
However, the shortcomings of the novel don't end here. There are other problems with the story itself:
- RAPE: There is no 'rape' tag attached to this novel on this site, but from any angle I look at their 'first time', it is clearly r*pe. MC never consented to it, but ML forced himself on MC because he couldn't hold back anymore or something like that. ML just has to have s*x everytime he feels like it. Everytime it's basically r*pe.
- ROMANTICIZATION OF TOXIC RELATIONSHIP: Their relationship is unhealthy and toxic. Their relationship can be summarized this way. "Angry? Resolve in bed, jealous? Resolve in bed, moved? Resolve in bed." Of course, the 'angry', 'jealous' or 'moved' only applies to the ML.
Also, ML is the extreme possessive, overbearing and jealous type. He doesn't want MC to have any friends. How is that not toxic??
- UNBALANCED RELATIONSHIP: The relationship between MC and ML is skewed. MC and ML are in no way on equal footing when it comes to their relationship. It's like a lion and a rabbit are dating: a predator and it's prey. Also, ML really treats MC like his s*x doll (because he never asks for MC's consent and 'does' him whenever he feels horny) or like a child or a possession but never like a partner until the end of the novel. MC has to listen to every word ML says or else he will be 'punished' all night.
- DISGUISED SEXISM: In reality, everyone has feminine and masculine traits but to a varying degree. But, in the novel, MC is treated as having extreme feminine characterstics and ML as being extremely manly. MC is bullied, teased and overpowered by ML in all kinds of ways throughout the novel. Despite being so talented, MC is still shown to be weak and is still forced to obey ML, and to submit to ML. This is just a disguised sexism. Even in a BL novel, the author is still depicting gender discrimination in a roundabout way. And the fact that MC is referred to as 'wife' confirms this even more. If you want a wife, don't date a guy. It's f*cking simple!
Once MC accidentally got separated from ML. MC literally saved a village and found some amazing things during this separation and he was particularly cool. But ML was only angry towards MC because of this accidental separation. When ML found MC, he 'punished' him all night until he passed out. I don't understand how some people find this kind of thing sexy. I personally don't. Furthermore, MC has a magical space with spring water that can relieve any physical pain. But ML doesn't let MC soak in it many times after their 'deed' because he wants MC to bear that pain.
Conclusion I wonder if the author understands the implications of writing such toxic relationship on the LGBTQ+ community. The segregation between top and bottom of the relationship, feminization of the bottom character, masculine toxicity of the top character, normalization of sexual assault and r*pe and so on have actually led to the sexualization of homosexual couples as well as have indirectly aggravated the problem of gender discrimination in the real world. I have watched some videos where homosexual people have commented how these books have made their life worse. They are asked by people if they are top or bottom and how bottoms are looked down upon in real life. It's so sad that they have to face the problems created by the people who should support them instead. If the authors of BL novels earn extra money by writing romance stories about homosexual couples, they should also take the responsibility of uplifting the LGBTQ+ community rather than hurting them in the long run.
- USE AND THROW CHARACTERS: The way I see it, every thing introduced in the story should hold a meaning. The authors should be careful before introducing new characters. But the author of this novel just introduces new characters randomly where most of them come like a wind and go like a hurricane. Most of them don't add anything of value to the story. Just compare this story to novels like "World of Cultivation" or "Banished to Another World" where even the minor characters have their moment of shine and you will know how much gap there is between these novels and LMW.
- BLAND WRITING: I call the writing style of this novel as "mass-production" style because you will find this kind of writing in majority of the low-quality web novels.
- CLICHE: The novel is cliche of the cliches. If you are going to write a cliche one, just choose the better cliches, why choose the worst ones? Submissive and oppressed bottom, aggressive and ancient virgin ML who has only s*x on mind, powerful golden finger for free, dumb villains and everything else are the cliches used in the novel and they are sadly used in the worst way possible. Compare LMW with "The Spiritual Plant Master Transmigration" where MC has a golden finger aka magical space but he can't use it for free or with "Unprecedented Pill Refiner: Entitled Ninth Young Lady" where ML despite being an ancient virgin doesn't force himself upon the MC.
The only good part, I guess, when that annoying female cannon fodder was finally killed, because God forbids writing adequate female characters, they all need... more>>
- Writing style was the most problematic at all times. Sometimes logic was defiled. The unnecessary amount of details that are dumped at you is immense. I couldn't care less about percentage of successful or failed pills, it could be brought several times in dosed manner, but not time and time and time again that I started to skip these parts entirely and wow, nothing changed, absolutely nothing if you skip those;
- Cheat characters. For my personal preference I enjoy when character goes through development, if a character has cheats from the get-go the story loses some thrill. And when characters meat no challenge at all the story becomes boring. You know that MC and ML will defeat everyone with ease. Pity that author spend more time on details about pills, but compared to that any fights or conflicts were double less the word count;
- Romance feels forced. Basically there's no substance to their feelings when it all comes from "feed me your pills" and then "let's sleep together and pa-pa-pa". It feels like a relationship of convenience, nothing more;
- MC made me so annoyed with him. The only thing he always thought about was money, sure thing at first it was a thing for survival, but later it felt like he was a greedy gnome. Sure thing he wanted to upgrade his level, but honestly made me feel like 'no'. Even his beauty upgraded from consuming and bathing in spiritual water ahaha;
- The world-building honestly felt empty to me. While author described huge cities it felt like one street and huge walls of some rare really expensive material., which have no purpose whatsoever. Any other character felt like a malicious prick, as if the whole purpose of their existence is steal or kill or violate. What righteous path ffs. Everyone felt like a bully. The whole beast thing was also underwhelming;
PS: Sorry for all the CAPITALIZED LETTERS... I was a bit frustrated after reading some comments... :p PS n2: I still maintain my previous review even after reading five more novels (of which I can recall "The Founder of Diabolism" and "Quickly Wear the Face of the Devil" being two masterpieces, I can't compare with other novels because their translations are still not finished). Even after reading those, I can still enjoy this one.. especially the EXTAs so give me a little face now, please. x) ------------------------ Review (c641) Shortly... I loved this novel. All the characters and the relationship between them. And especially the main couple. I read a lot of comments on how their relationship was not "healthy" and it's true BUT... in fact it's perfect. I will explain in 4 points: 1) There is an evolution in their relationship and it's becoming more and more "healthy" to the point that the MC is actually willing to "endure" in the last chapters. To some point, if you really pay attention, you can feel how much the ML values his "wife" despite... 2) His personnality, yes the personnality of the seme makes him behave this way and there is some improving in the way he treats him. There are people who aren't just that "romantic" in their speech so you can feel their love in their actions and it is way more wanderful and intresting than some boring shojo romance... they are men sh*t. So, he is smart and their conversations turn out so hilarious... which leads me to the 3rd point. 3) The seme teases the uke about his IQ not to hurt him or to dominate him but because he is fed up that the MC is so depending on him. ML knows that the MC is smart and it is demonstrated several times but he also knows that he is "dumb" with him just because he spoils him so much. So the uke won't think for himself but prefers relying on the seme... not because he is becoming a "girl" but: first because he relies on the seme and mostly because he feels idle like any human on earth. Who would kill a cow and cut it to get the meat when it's already sold in supermarkets... (ok I got lost :p) 4) Finally, the characters are like what they are each with his own peronnality. And I am extreamly satisfied with the way their relationship is built because it is logic based on their personnalities and even more when we see the development through the time. It is at least way more believable than those "love at first sight stories" when they become so close and comfortable without even knowing each other. I don't say it's an ideal relationship but isn't it a fu*king well written one and oh god how much it is funny. I really recommand this one although it's only the 3rd novel I have read and I don't know much. I'd really like someone to recommand me such great novel after this one.
- I agree to say that the final of the story was getting a bit boring I mean these chapter (650-700) But the last chapters (700-713) were'nt too bad. So I can understand that some people can change their minds on the novel and say that it was unnecessarily long. But I continued and thanks god that I did so because the EXTAs were sooo good... right I mean quite nostalgic and rich and exciting.
I only waited for this moment and it really came. :' (
- Naturally, it is not as simple as summerized in the spoiler. (For those curious... I don't really think it's a spoiler because it was a pleasant surprise. And if I have known earlier I wouln't have taken so long to finish the novel and to discover this treasure *_*). Okay.. here is the point: Even if you have'nt finished the novel, you must definitely go check the EXTAs. I might even give you the will to finish the novel (if you stopped in the middle) to find out how did they achieve this point in their evolution that is really the apotheosis of what it was meant to be, in my humble opinion. :p
- Which leads us to this point that I was developing in my previous review... you shoud take a look at it by the way ^_^ Anyway :) __________________________________________I WILL NOT STAND ANY MORE PERSON WHO WOULD CLAIM THAT THE RELASHIONSHIP BETWEEN THE MC AND ML ISN'T "HEALTHY" JUST AFTER READING ONLY 100.. or maybe a little more.. we can say... 400 after that... you shall not speak either xD Only after reading the EXTRAs, you should grasp the meaning of a Perfect relationship.. I hope so :p Needless to say that the most beautiful thing is noticing the small changes in their relationship and being shocked at the end after comparing the first chapters with the EXTAs.. it's really dumbfounding.
Finally the MC will introduce his husband to his family from earth.
Things will be revealed about the ML, how he bacame a legend and the most powerful in the story. This story is about both side's path becoming a legend... not just about MC.