The Amber Sword
Web Novel (CN)
Rating(4.1 / 5.0, 1029 votes)
|5||62% (641 votes)|
|4||11% (112 votes)|
|3||13% (135 votes)|
|2||7% (68 votes)|
|1||7% (73 votes)|
Author(s)One entry per line
Artist(s)One entry per line
Status in COOStatus in Country of Origin. One entry per line
6 Volumes / 1467 Chapters (Completed)
Original PublisherOne entry per line
English PublisherOne entry per line
Release FrequencyEvery 25.9 Day(s)
Activity Stats [Graph]Weekly Rank: #2000
Monthly Rank: #8066
All Time Rank: #89
Reading List [Graph]
On 14626 Reading Lists
Monthly Rank: #1544
All Time Rank: #77
DescriptionLinks are NOT allowed. Format your description nicely so people can easily read them. Please use proper spacing and paragraphs.
An RPG gamer who played the realistic VRMMORPG ‘The Amber Sword’ for years, finds himself teleported to a parallel world that resembled the game greatly. He takes on the body of an NPC who was fated to die, and with the feelings of the dying NPC and his own heartrending events in the game, he sets out to change the fate of a kingdom that was doomed to tragedy.
Associated NamesOne entry per line
Heroes of Amber
RecommendationsI am the Monarch (12)
Release that Witch (12)
Night Ranger (10)
The Second Coming of Gluttony (8)
My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending (7)
- My Recommendations
- Novel's i've Read/Caught Up
- GOATed Reads
- Favourite Books
- masterpieces and high quality works
Go to Page...
Go to Page...
Reviewed at Chapter 39 First off, I just want to WolfieTranslation for translating this. From what I read in the translator notes there was a lot of editing the original story just so it would made sense. I like novels where the main character is thrown into another world with knowledge of the future or some cheat ability. It’s fun to read it even if they might be ridiculously OP. I like reading the reactions when people find out just how good the MC is. But I just couldn’t... more>>
Overall if you are ok with those points, give this a read.
- It is really a LitRpg mixed with some Card Games. Avoid if you don't like litrpg or card games.
- MC is not TOO OP. Maybe say 8 / 10, and 10 being Goku/Superman/Saitama level. And 1 being Yamchaa and Krillin. He does use his knowledge of the story to take on the main arcs and twist it to his advantage, but doesn't go overboard and if he fails, he actually is smart enough to recover. There are few 'plot armor' moments as well. The MC is portrayed very realistically as possible without going all Saitama OPM on us.
- Very good details dealing with strategy and tactics in defeating his enemies. So if you like that kind of stuff, this may be for you.
- The translator blatantly states they re write the original. WAIT! Don't run yet. He does it to make the story telling smoother and western style of writing instead of that weird direct translation you get if you keep it eastern. I found that made the story is WAY more easier to read. I really hate all the weird noise sounds and stuff that other translators keep in, you know the "wahh! Ouuh! Hupp! Clang! Bang! Whoosh! Pa! Pa! Puah!" His rewrites actually make the story flow better.