Entertainment Industry Acting Emperor
Web Novel (CN)
Rating(4.4 / 5.0, 255 votes)
|5||61% (155 votes)|
|4||24% (61 votes)|
|3||13% (33 votes)|
|2||2% (5 votes)|
|1||0% (1 votes)|
Author(s)One entry per line
Artist(s)One entry per line
Status in COOStatus in Country of Origin. One entry per line
98 Chapters + 2 Extras (Completed)
Original PublisherOne entry per line
English PublisherOne entry per line
Release FrequencyEvery 0.8 Day(s)
Activity Stats [Graph]Weekly Rank: #1646
Monthly Rank: #672
All Time Rank: #1787
Reading List [Graph]
On 4104 Reading Lists
Monthly Rank: #888
All Time Rank: #1667
DescriptionLinks are NOT allowed. Format your description nicely so people can easily read them. Please use proper spacing and paragraphs.
An actor who doesn’t want at least one million fans is not a successful movie star.
This story is also known as “On how to gracefully kneel to the male lead”.
In his last life, he relied on his unique acting skills, an adaptable temperament that could not be imitated, mixed with a bowl of strategist rice. When the male lead was reincarnated in the modern era, he was supported by his coal mine boss father and entered show business through the back door with his money.
A relaxed showbiz story about a reborn character with a golden finger. Coming from ancient times to the present day, the male lead has a unique skill for getting fans.
Associated NamesOne entry per line
Related SeriesMore Than A Few Blessings (Shared Universe)Very Happy (Shared Universe)
RecommendationsSuperstar Aspirations (5)
Very Happy (4)
Great At Acting, Now I’m Reborn (4)
Rebirth of a Movie Star (3)
More Than A Few Blessings (2)
Film Emperor’s Adorable Wife From Ancient Times (1)
- BL novels that Ive read
- BL - E-Sports/Showbiz
- CATCH FEELS
- Rebirth/Transmigration BL (END)
- Best entertainment industry / showbiz novels (BL)
Go to Page...
Go to Page...
I hate... more>>
- He/her differences
- MC's name Gong Xi Qiao will be father Xi Qiao for small moments.
Still, this was a pretty enjoyable read. I hope the continuation is just as enjoyable.
- One thing I disliked, besides the slight strangeness at the beginning, was the fact that nearly every acting job MC's taken up to this point came with a new canon-fodder enemy. I will say all of them felt pretty one note; no notable characteristics, no real threat, no differences between each other either even though supposedly one was a film emperor, another was a 3rd rate, etc. They all dug their graves just like that and MC didn't really need to lift a finger to off them.
- And this takes us to the second point: the OPness of the MC. The thing is, I find this OPness is the type that's enjoyable to read. I feel some of the characteristics of MC are by themselves pretty meaningless and they don't come up much at all and only exist to add to that overpowered all-rounder and high-class type he has going on.
- Of the main characters: the MC himself is a pretty enjoyable person to follow. He's in my cup of tea of personality types, that is the exact opposite of overly dramatic, takes things as they come, enjoying life, while also being pretty vindictive from behind the scenes (this has been more of tell than show up to now though, because I still feel the "enemies" just offed themselves most of the time). The ML is also pretty nice.
- From the side characters I have three favorites.
I'll say though that scenes where side characters get to shine are a bit lacking. There's only one or two moments where we can properly see their characteristics and after that it feels like more of a series of passing mentions. Female side characters are a bit of a rare breed. I feel like there's only been like four girls mentioned by name, the assistant and Mi Yue being the only ones I actually remember. The side characters are probably what suffers most from that strange descriptive/writing choice I mentioned in the beginning, because it feels like even if there is a scene involving them, it never goes to the finish line properly.
What's that? He plays the guqin, knows calligraphy and chess, all at pretty good level according to the era's standards even. What's the point of being a history major? I don't know, but it sure looks good on the resume. All things that feel like the background of the background of the background of the character, all things that I don't mind in this type of feel-good story apparently.
Probably better than the MC, honestly. I like that he has a reason for his initial interest on MC. I like that he didn't approach MC with romantic feelings in mind, and it's only in the latest translated chapters that he starts to question the nature of his feelings for MC, how they seem different compared to other people, how they make him think slightly different thoughts about MC. It's a slow burn of a relationship and I just like when there are unexpected cute scenes. Because even the cute scenes are somehow quiet in nature. It's not the general very obvious throwing of dog-food around. The author has even hinted about some fans shipping them and some side characters noticing a bit more, but there's no "loudness" about it.
1) Daddy Gongxi for breaking the mold and taking the role of the stereotypical Asian mom that likes to show off the son's achievements, being overall cute, and also apparently being the best cook in his house. 2) Xu Chao for being my spirit animal. 3) Zhao Yikun for being both easy and fun to bully.
So MC is basically omnipotent. There is nothing he is not super perfect in. Acting, singing, calligraphy, painting, being loved by everyone, talking, walking, bla bla bla... it reached a point where I wouldn't even blink if MC pooped rainbows, became the emperor of earth and everyone lies down to his feet. There were no ups and downs, only up to up to up. Was ok the first 20 chapters... more>>
- OP MC/ML
- There was romance?
- Xenophobia and racism galore
- Repeat, repeat, repeat... learning how to brainwash