Rating(4.5 / 5.0, 141 votes)
|5||77% (108 votes)|
|4||7% (10 votes)|
|3||9% (12 votes)|
|2||6% (9 votes)|
|1||1% (2 votes)|
Author(s)One entry per line
Artist(s)One entry per line
Status in COOStatus in Country of Origin. One entry per line
Original PublisherOne entry per line
English PublisherOne entry per line
Release FrequencyEvery 45.3 Day(s)
Activity Stats [Graph]Weekly Rank: #3775
Monthly Rank: #4297
All Time Rank: #3118
Reading List [Graph]
On 3723 Reading Lists
Monthly Rank: #5752
All Time Rank: #1881
DescriptionLinks are NOT allowed. Format your description nicely so people can easily read them. Please use proper spacing and paragraphs.
Li Zouxing is a gay man. A solid top, a gong, the real deal. Unfortunately for him, he transmigrated into a bg harem novel.
The Journey is a popular web novel based on an intergalactic setting. The whole book is filled with the straight romance between one male lead and his harem of beauties. The male lead of the novel is actually over 30 years old, but after consuming a secret medicine his body regressed back to that of a teenager. This male lead is the perfect mix of shy and mature, passionate and innocent – all at the same time. No other person can unify all those conflicting traits as well as the male lead can.
Needless to say the male lead is exactly Li Zouxing’s type.
If only Li Zouxing could, then he would.
But the author told Li Zouxing: there’s no way for you to un-transmigrate yourself, this is a harem novel, the world setting doesn’t even have gay in its vocabulary, and on top of that you have to remain in character at all times.
And what kind of character is this Li Zouxing from the book? Nicknamed Sunny (Little Sun), known for being sweet but kind of dumb, the male lead’s best buddie, a loyal little underling for the mighty male lead. And worst of all – straight as they come.
And so, every time he witnessed the male lead’s domineering aura while wiping out all the bad guys, Li Zouxing would pay his due respects and act along with the rest of the crowd: “You’re so awesome!”
But in his head Li Zouxing is definitely thinking: damn this slutty little thing, everytime he cooks he’s gotta wear that apron and tie it so tight around that tiny waist.
A waist that’s small enough for Li Zouxing to wrap his hands around.
For a gay guy, Li Zouxing’s always had pretty good luck with the ladies.
In a bar: Gu Wencheng watched as the woman with heavy makeup flirted with his best buddy. Gu Wencheng’s face darkened as the violent storm of emotions in his heart threatened to burst forth. For a moment, Gu Wencheng wondered if his controlling and possessive instincts are getting a little out of control.
It took a while for Gu Wencheng to realize that he was actually jealous of that woman.
But Li Zouxing, the one who turned him so weird in the first place, is actually an idiot that doesn’t understand anything – how could the idiot Li Zouxing know the effect that he has on Gu Wencheng?
Associated NamesOne entry per line
RecommendationsI Ran Away after I was Forced into a Love Polygon (1)
I Ran Away after that Rich Old Man was Pregnant with My Child (1)
Laws of the Other World (1)
Bestial Blade (1)
|10/09/22||Dummy Novels||c24 part2|
|10/02/22||Dummy Novels||c24 part1|
|01/09/22||Dummy Novels||c22 part2|
|12/24/21||Dummy Novels||c22 part1|
|12/09/21||Dummy Novels||c21 part2|
|11/11/21||Dummy Novels||c21 part1|
It does bother me A LOT that ALL the names were completely scrapped because the TLer felt like it would fit the author's "non-asian settings" better, and they often use personal preferences and liberties when coming up with replacements. Personally I feel like this is highly unnecessary and crosses the line of what a translator should do, , , especially when space/galactic settings are a very common plot in c-novels, so there's no real reason to change their names, , , but again this is a personal preference
If you also have the same preferences, the MTL is decently readable with minimal issues (on a good reading day LOL) ! I also added the OG names into the summary in parentheses in case people MTLed and had no clue who these people were. I only included it in a few areas for clarification.
The localized stuff is decently well done and fits the story well, but the TLer taking liberties with the story makes me doubt how much of the story is actually still true to the original. It's like listening to someone else describe a movie to you instead of watching the movie yourself- no matter how much you trust the person, it will always be not as good as making your own opinions by watching the movie yourself. It's not just names, there's some parts there'll suddenly be a TL where TLer didn't outright change the story but did modify the narration to suit their own purposes. And it's not something I can just ignore, since the TLer does mention every time they change something, which is good behavior sure, but it just makes me frustrated thinking "why did you feel the need to change it anyway?"
I really enjoyed this novel, as everyone in Taffy's discord server knows (hehe) bc it was like tailored for me, omg I want to read fanfiction about Astra and Wen so much!
- MC is so playful and easygoing! The person in your friend group that gets everyone up when they're down, and sets a lighthearted and comfortable atmosphere with their funny antics (I love it). The guy who's a good best friend (I agree with the earlier reviewers on MC's amazing seduction skills, he's skilled at that innocent but also hot-blooded youth guise strategy that serves as a brilliant cover-up for his "clueless" flirting movements.
- 100/10 flirting and interaction scenes between the main couple as their relationship transitions from just bros; to companions; to something that carries underlying inexplicable connotations (wow, that phase was.... my favorite 😍 cuz of the sexiness of it all) ; to finally, that official something called boyfriends status.
- The Brotherhood is real, a really heartwarming quote that I forgot but it was like "the best thing in the world is to have friends like these". The team is like family that only consists of youthful teenagers that mol*st a certain friend of theirs and only exists to gather black history on each other, haha.
- I love all the characters and I know you guys would at least love the MC. The ML's attitude towards MC is cute in how he over thinks a bit too much sometimes, and his self-sacrificing attitude (you'll see if you stick around till the end!) is really admirable.
Like your relationship hasn’t even developed that far for that device to even make sense in my mind. Y’all are still thinking the other is 100% straight. Also the author will explain something about a character, and then say “so”, and continue to say the opposite about that same character. Ex. “He invested himself to researching that topic for so long, he wasn’t even interested when someone said they had new information about that same f*cking topic.” and if u want an example from the novel..
- Why is one character in love on sight? Pedo.
- Why is that character jealous of an extremely malnourished and abused young boy when you’re literally 38? Pedo.
- Why do u have to touch on each other for protection?
- Why are can’t u control ur spiritual energy away using all your might and inadvertently doing something only physically possible between a pair of the opposite s*x in this world?
- Why do u go out of your way to make that only possible between a pair of the opposite sex?
Why does, suddenly, neither character have any sympathy for the beautiful would-have-been harem girl when you were barely holding back in anger for the other s*aves
Something like- “He was bold, he was brave, he was determined. All while maintaining that bright smile on his face. What a wolf in sheep’s clothing.” bb girl... WHAT DO U MEAN???