These are the following guidelines for reviews written on Novel Updates. Please follow these guidelines to prevent the risk of your review being reported or deleted from the site.
A review is a form of criticism of the content, style and your enjoyment of the novel. You should provide the reader with the tools to decide whether or not they should read it.
- contain why you like or dislike the novel without spoiling the story.
- have good grammar: use proper capitalization, punctuation and spellcheck.
- written in English.
- be as objectively as possible.
- reviews of the translator. You are reviewing the novel, not the translator.
- replies to other reviews.
- spoilers that will hurt the reader’s enjoyment of the story. All spoilers should be hidden in the spoiler bbc code.
- one liners: “it’s good”, “I like it”, “I love it a lot”, etc…
- including links.
- writing in all captial letters.
If you have any questions or comments about these guidelines, please send an email to [email protected]