1. MC fights with the typical "clan who cannot be offended" and then disappears. Then the person who helped him turns out to be the girl who looks like his former "love". What follows is couple of chapters writing all excruciating details of the chase. The girl can find him using some magical mirror. But then when story suits itself she cannot find him anymore. This does have a small payoff of setting up a poor girl as the heir of some supreme clan.
2. Now that the girl cannot find him anymore, they leave for "main clan competition". There they have "competition of power" before the actual competition which leads to another chase - chasing an assassin and then chased by some powerful man from his clan. More pages wasted on every detail of the chase. The small payoff is - stumbling into a mansion which is relevant later.
3. Then MC goes to some village and find some great evil source. He is told to go back to the mansion and get some stuff. Guess what, he is chased to and back again to the evil cave.
4. There is fight at this evil cave and again MC is chased because he gets some great power from the cave.
1. MC has a fondness of the name of "Jian Chen" instead of his name actual name - Changyang Xiangtian. So when he arrives to support his homeland - Gensun Kingdom along with help from Qinhuang Kingdom no one is sure who he is or why the help has arrived from a superior kingdom.
2. When Heavenly Eagle Kingdom comes around to ask, the Gensun Kingdom King is also not sure as he is not aware of the name "Jian Chen".
3. So the Heavenly Eagle prince asks for Gensun Kingdon princess' hand in marriage.
4. Now when the king is made aware that "Jian Chen" and "Changyang Xiangtian" are the same person, he leaves the Heavenly Eagle people hanging and runs away to Lore City to meet MC. You have to wonder why couldn't he just say - Sorry just found out my daughter is already engaged to "Qinhuang Imperial Protector"? Mind you he doesn't shy away from using this identity later.
5. Jian Chen arrives along with king to the Imperial capital and has a confrontation with the Heavenly Eagle prince. He too conveniently forgets to mention that he is the Imperial Protector.
6. Jian Chen gets attacked by some guys and fend them off. He still keeps mum about the whole Imperial Protector thing.
7. Based on the confrontation Heavenly Eagle king sends some "seniors" to capture the king and Changyang Xiangtian. During this confrontation again no one tells them that "Changyang Xiangtian" is the Imperial protector.
8. Jian Chen is infuriated. No, its not at him being stupid for not trying and suppressing Heavenly Eagle people but because they attacked him.
9. He gets a team of soldiers and attacks Heavenly Eagle Kingdom when shock! Horror! Its revealed he is the Imperial Protector.
10. This leads to him offending the Sect of Dragon and Tiger "Saint Ruler"
There is another unnecessary waste of pages within the above series of events:
Changyang Xiangtian makes it home and his father and mother are happy that he is a Heavenly Saint. They want to publicize this fact but he stops them because it will shock people that is so young and someone might try to kill him. But later when he starts going around attacking other Heavenly Saints who know his identity of - Changyang Xiangtian and can easily find that he reached Heavenly Saint at age 21.
1. Introduces Ji Wu and Ji Shu, first fight. Pointless character introduction fight number 1
2. Against Ji Wu and this time there is Ji Wu's mother. Pointless character introduction fight number 2
3. Against the Ji Wu and his mother again, when they are cultivating. He tries to hurt them by getting help of his new introduced friends. Pointless character introduction fight number 3
4. MC again tries to hurt them again using his magic and this the introduced character is Ji Wu's Grandfather. Add it to the fact that this is same plot as number 3, it is both pointless character introduction fight and pointless plot point 1
5. Another fight with Ji Wu and his dad, Ji Shu vs MC's dad Ji Xia. MC's dad loses. Here, Ji Wu shows up unharmed ie even 4 was a pointless random fight number 2
6. Another fight just to introduce Ji Wu's fiancee where she ambushes him. Pointless character introduction fight number 4
7. Against some lackeys and Ji Wu's fiancee again and 2nd ambush. Introduces the guy from Black Serpent Clan and the lackeys. Pointless character introduction fight number 5
8. Savages and another tribe and new villain, 3rd ambush. Pointless character introduction fight number 6
9. 4th Ambush attack by the tribe above + Black Serpent guy and new elders from his clan + new friends. Pointless character introduction fight number 7
10. 5th Another ambush setup which "fails". So making it the first lines without purpose ie filler
11. Another damn 6th ambush and Fire Leopard clan. Introduces new tribes and people. So Pointless character introduction fight number 8
1. Starting with the family
2. Joining Sect 1
3. Running from Sect 1 and ending up in Sect 2 (Armament Sect)
4. Now the Netherworld