Regarding the different elements of the story:
1. This is a escape room story with many arcs that focuses in the different closed spaces and how to escape from it.
2. Usually, the ones that can participate in this game are 'chosen'. There are many ways to be chosen.
3. Within the allotted time, the participant/s must escape the room through solving the different clues provided. The more participant to participate, the harder the difficulty is.
4. There are entities called Stalkers that rarely appeared in each chamber. These Stalkers usually have the mission to prevent the participant to pass the chamber. They (Stalkers) have different roles provided in each chamber. After the participant/s passed the chamber and escaped, the Stalkers will "reincarnate" and will appear on the next participant to come.
5. After the participant/s completed the mission, there will be rewards provided after waking up. The rewards provided will depent on how many chamber has the participant completed.
6. A charm of this story is how the development between the pairing will happen:
The progress of the story seemed to be clichéd: enemies, agreement of being gay for 30 days, slowly understanding each other, jealousy ensues, MC fell in love, MC planned to confess but is constricted by the Plot God, MC went to Taiwan to forget, ML realizes he's in love with MC, MC came back, misunderstanding happens, ML confesses to MC, and they live happily ever after.
Remembering that the first arc has incest as it's main couple, it can be considered as decent. Though I am slightly discouraged to read this due to the forced relationship between Shao Qing and ML.
The second arc, with Shao Qing as a ghost that the original world's female protagonist killed, is fairly good. Though the relationship between our main couple didn't advanced too much with Shao Qing feeling hesitant whether Song Dao is the former ML from the previous arc.
When it reached the third arc, it gets better. With a MC that is a demon-beast hybrid, and a ML that is so possessive it's hilarious, it's one the good part of reading this novel. The way of ML spoiling MC to the max is cute!
The ancient arc, where the MC is the little emperor with ML as the regent is one of the best arcs in this novel. This time, MC realized early that the regent is his lover, with ML fairly recognized MC from his dream that involves the events from the third arc. Again, the MC is spoiled again by ML which makes us laugh when MC mentioned that he didn't liked the overloaded treasures given to him. In the end of this arc, it's heartwarming that MC accepted ML even if he has a wound on his face after a two year long absence.
Also that guy from Hong Kong gives me the creeps. He even went so far as to kidnap MC like that!
I clearly sympathise with the MC, regarding that ML didn't even gave him a chance to explain this and just directly rendered his crippled. (It makes me want to go into this novel and slap the hell out off him, though I immediately though that I'd be dead meat if that happened, sigh.)
The moments between MC and his dog really make me feel light-hearted, though after this is I'll remember that this is a freaking dark and sickly tyrannical novel.