1. The land of the deviants that is Japan, has plenty of weird vending machines. So much weirdness; the one that sells used panties is one of the normal ones.
2. The land of the deviants that is Japan, also has weird people like the author of this novel that writes about a beta MC that loves vending machines so much, he reincarnates as one when killed by one. Pun not intended.
3. Despite obvious limited mobility, MC do get involved in many adventures, such as helping to defeat a bandit group and also single-handedly slay a dungeon level's boss.
4. Using the fact that in the land of the deviants that is Japan, has plenty of weird vending machines, the author skillfully choreographed some crazy action sequences that actually allows the MC to succeed in those adventures mentioned above. And the author successfully done so without breaking suspension of disbelief or venturing to deus-ex-machina territory.
5. This is because this novel has plenty of slice-of-life chapters where the MC flaunt off many forms of weird vending machines that only exists in The Land of the Deviants.
When the bad guy says that he has a gem that will allow detection of monsters-in-human-clothing, I on-the-spot predicts that the MC's sister will be caught. No need to show my facepalm. Jpg when that exact same scenario happens in the very next chapter.
At the part where the MC got jailed as bait, I started to complain when the scene where he took things from his spatial ring when he is about to escape happened. My complain is why the spatial ring has not being confiscated when he was jailed.
Apparently, I am not the only one who noticed one of the biggest discrepancy in xianxia/xuanhuan web novel history, because he have to use an author note in the next chapter to defend this event. The excuse: Strong person does not take small fries' belongings then he/she kills them.
The problem with that reasoning is that the bad guy (the strong person) did not kill the MC (small fry). Instead, the MC is jailed. In other web novels, even the worst ones, all jailers will strip their prisoners of all visible weapons/equips/et. Al. Before putting them behind bars. But not jailers in this novel.
The save game system, assuming that it has infinite slots and he saves regularly, allows him to return to the past with only loss of character stats as penalty (this is assumed, else if this penalty did not exist, then this cheat become even more formidable). Plus it seems that MC can save without any save points, and can reload at will.
I hope that, in the event of the MC sudden death, he cannot reload his way out. Else, this cheat practically will make him invincible and immortal at the same time.
In the v2c20, any sane, reasonable MC with eyes for upholding justice and protecting the masses from pure evilness, would have put the princess to its proper place, especially when the MC has the moral high ground; royalty be damned. But noooooo, this pansy MC yields only an inch and the resourceful princess then takes a million miles.