one of the 'understandable' and 'excusable' reasons some men in her harem plan a rebellion against her is because their pride is injured, being a male concubine. Which. It's obviously that it was a woman who owned the harem that was the problem, not that they were concubines. Protag even goes as far as to release them to prove her 'virtue/goodness/womanly worth'.
"However, even if I am successful in learning it, there will still be a large gap when fighting you... You know how to use qing gong and how to use a long weapon. These things added together put me at a disadvantage. From the two battles, there has only been one outcome."
One particularly antagonistic servant is deliberately lured into situation where she is [email protected] by the master of the house.
JinYuan (MC's father) is delivered an aphrodisiac that was originally meant to poison MC's little brother by MC's servant Wang Chuan, and Chen-shi's servant Jin Zhen. (Chen-shi being one of the main villains and essentially MC's evil stepmother.)
Wang Chuan, under MC's orders, then forces Jin Zhen to stay with JinYuan as the medicine takes effect.
Here's a line from that part: "Wang Chuan retreated while bowing, her gaze containing a hint of a sly look. Until she exited the room, she did not forget to close the door behind her."
Basically, MC and her servant influence events so the servant of Chen-shi is [email protected] by JinYuan.
Jin Zhe's fear just disappears and she begins plotting how her [email protected] can benefit her, while she's still being violated.
She can just brush off her [email protected] because, and I quote, "she was not a young girl with no sexual experience."
- The "he isn't raping me - he seems like a good guy (also he's hawt) " example. Dude puts his unwanted wife through rape, torture, and forced prostitution just because he doesn't love her. He has a good impression of her when Ning Shu takes over, so he wants to "make her his." He hasn't changed, but his view of her has, so the author describes him favorably with constant comments on his unruly good looks. He doesn't give a sh** about the women his men rape though, and neither, aparently, should you.
- The "he's so nice usually, and she deserves it" example. Woman is raped by the man who comforts her while she's mourning the loss of her OTL because he "can't take it anymore"... She's portrayed as unreasonable for refusing to forgive him when he "continues treating her gently and considerately" afterwards, to which he responds by raping her repeatedly. It's all good though, because she's the antagonist. Rape can be used as a justifiable punishment right? Ha. Asdfghjkl.
1. Mainly "bad guys" getting raped as just desserts, but characters that aren't necessarily "bad" are also punished through forced prostitution.
2. The main character has a male persona which leads to predictable homophobia. Main character plays along sometimes, but mainly to see others squirm, and recoils in disgust other times.
3. The female lead is very strong, and very blessed. This is fine - it's actually enjoyable since she does have weak spots and people she knows to avoid challenging. What sucks is that the male lead, as per usual in these novels, is leagues stronger. Like, leagues. Enough to turn her into a Damsel in Distress needing to be rescued by him, despite her OP fantasy protag status. Y'know, as the male leads always have to be in these novels to reinforce the gender power dynamics in romanic pairs. (He also has her captured and put to work at his castle, which is a gross trope.)
when the predatory CEO of another company (who she’s rejected) offers a deal to have her transferred to his company, the employee tells her she’s not worth enough for them to keep her. They do this knowing they’re forcing her to choose b/t being sold to the other CEO as a personal play toy, or submitting to her current CEO as his “lover”.
He adopts her as a kid with promises to treat her ill sister. Somehow, this turns into a romance, only for him to turn his back on her saying he needs a “proper wife” — she’s a side piece. Then, when she tries to leave him, he mentally and physically abuses her. Like, dude literally uses doctors and nurses and drugs and even straitjackets.
Oh, and he also: