1. Worst - Classic tropes about pride for the sake of pride cause everyone to act. Character plot holes galoreEven worst - Example - an MC able to detect all poisons is (as usual) somehow given an aphrodisiac in which he can't restrain himself from ravaging a woman who likes him... Can these authors be any less original?
2. He is able to deal with every complicated situation with ease except in regards to 16-22 yr old women?? His real age is 40+ But, these women come and constantly tell him what to do halfway in the story, and he is "hopeless"... yet he manages to kill hundreds of the most powerful men in ease. - *get real*
3. The characters throw away their original personalities and start doing things for the sake of the plot.Example - Character is the peak assassin from another world, cold and ruthless, and doesn't do anything unless it's for profit. Yet, by 200c he is taking on enemies that could destroy him, family, and friends for the sake of pride/woman without logical reason.
Not only does this destroy the characters original personality, but is just dumb. *sigh* classic Xuanhuan bs
1. The strong MC falls, faints, gets pricked, and stumbles every other chapter with just about every weak association attached. She is suppose to be a strong willed woman of the 21 century with our values.
2. Yet, this 20-something woman in a 15 yr old body later acts like a nervous 13 yr-old in regards to anything sexual. (60c-100c)
3. This world has killing, r*pe, constant kidnapping and attempted murder, but male characters just fight once to a draw, and go about their business after... as if attempting to murder me and r*pe my gf without a grudge is normal?? This happens over and over. Fiances cheating over and over, but let's turn a blind eye (even though I have the power erase people in the night)... *sigh* get real -
4. I'm not even mad about this point. --> Male characters are one dimensional, thinking and acting in one direction, only caring about pride and sex. Too many novels do a disservice to women... so. what... But, it's to a point that makes you cringe. - As best friends (or every guy for that matter) fight over women. I'd just prefer a novel where everyone has at least a puddle of depth.
Rants about "music" being this and that, in a world filled with MAGIC!
MC is given so many spells but doesn't use half of them... so why even write about them??
Another transmigration without explanation... while I'm used to it by now, still would be nice to know why...
A book about a psychopath obsessed with revenge... pulled off in a very simple way... It's this simplicity that doesn't allow it rise past 3 stars. - there is a lack of depth in pysche / emotion of characters.
Furthermore, there are so many plot holes in this novel... just too many...For example - this story later involves thousands of alien species in an alliance with technology beyond telepathy, many advance AI, interdimensional travel, etc.AND Yet, this very alliance the MC joins and whom he also wants to take revenge on can't/never decides to read his mind, rather, they just continue to promote and just give him power?? KNOWING they themselves caused the destruction of most of humanity. - Not even a BG check....
Additionally, after seeing humans who they themselves deemed as expendables (in just a few years are) capable of fighting toe to toe with creatures who have lived millions of years with the the highest rank, yet no alarm bells ring out?... red flag... alarming potential!!
So many more plot holes as well...
However, I will say though, there is a sweet moment of revenge that makes you smile.
You'll know by c15 if it's for you or not. And it gets progressively better. The only flaw is the introduction to guns / sha clan later... for obvious reasons.
OR - Lines like "I'll do anything to save my little sister"... Or situations such as, you escape a magical fantasy world and then continuously try to run from an omnipresent being.
The laws / rules of these worlds are fair and give contestants a chance to survive. It's possible to survive utilizing intelligence over brawn. The author designs scenarios for the MC to display his wits. The assumptions the MC makes are quite a stretch at times. But, it's better than the way many other authors try to say, rather prove their MC's intelligence.
I'll never understand why the MC's melee path can be considered a smart one... when by all means it's easy to die before ever even getting close targets. Like someone shooting you while backing up, or using force powers, etc. Anyways, if you can accept small kinks easily, this story might be acceptable for you.
If you can get over that first hump, it might turn into a fantasy you like later.
Ability to see flaws & slower sense of motion
Ability to trap people in time dimension and torture them
Ability to see power flowing within
Ability to shoot flame from eye
Spacial transport ability into eye
Ability to copy*Jesus, need I go on?
If you read my review, you have been warned that this novel is a waste of time.
HOWEVER Minus points for :
-.2 for pacing - move the plot author!
-.2 every detail is narrated as if the readers are dumb or as if they should care
-.2 for constantly giving the MC a load of sh*t one after another.
-.2 Author rambles in later chapters on and on about his characters philosophy
Good side - I also usually hate romance in my novels but this is one is actually believable.
Additionally, you watch the MC slowly begin to change as a result of the people he comes into contact with.
there is a plot twist around chapter 300 in which you find out why his personality is so dead-set on saving humanity and why he tries so hard... it's even more interesting moving forward...
For example - People dying left and right in broad daylight in a world filled with video recorders, mastery of genetics, and investigational powers... but no one is ever caught or investigated!! This is an occuring theme. How does this society even function?
Second - MC pretty much creates miracles for millions to see, yet no government nor organization ever steps in to recruit, kidnap, nor even question...??
I read this due to another respected reviewer... but I don't know what she was smoking for this one.