After spending 3 years in a forced, brutal, sometimes-lethal, survivalist training school where the leadership complains about the cost on every appearance, the MC and Co are sent out on their first mission with nothing but a poor-quality knife, zero intel about what they might be facing, little-to-no information on what they should be scavenging and how, and zero combat training. And it's done under 'instructors' that can't care less if the poor suckers survive - and most of them don't. So much for whining about how expensive they are to train. Later, after all the buildup of how deadly the environment is, the MC does everything he could possibly do wrong in that sort of environment, and has no problems. Granted, he later gets a macguffin that eliminates those threats, but he shouldn't have survived that long in the 1st place. Next it's exposed that they aren't told about the most valuable things they can retrieve, and even if they do, they are short-changed by more then an order of magnitude, if not robbed outright. The entire segment is nothing but an author wank for how stupidly evil the entire leadership is, and how wonderful the MC must be to triumph. Blech.
Examples: (all from MC's POV since nobody else really exists)
1) "Please incarnate me as a chuunI - no need for a childhood, family, or backstory, ~kthxby~!"
2) Chapter 2: From First Kill to Grill in a single sentence.
3) "I could really use a map" ~Poof~ "Majic plez" ~Poof~ "I can has language?" ~Poof~...
4) "Hi, you're the 4th person I've talked to, and you are a young, cute, nekomimI slave? Oooh, neeto!"
4. 5) "Wow, the slave owner sure died fast, guess you're my property now!"
4. 9) "I'll split the money three ways for the three survivors, except I'll release the old, ugly, lizard guy and give him the cash, but the cute young nekomimI with the sad past I'll keep enslaved and keep her money, too!"
5) Levelups for others: +7 in 2 years. With MC's plot armor: +7 in 2 weeks.
6) "Dawww - I'm a nice person, I'm not going to screw you on the first night. Slave. ;) "
Had enough. Quitting here.
You just gotta know that he's not going to stop brainwashing girls and sucking their tits for bonus skill points. It was 'acceptable' when he was an infant, but the creepy line is riiight up ahead. Nope nope nope.
Mushoku TenseI did the reincarnation-as-a-baby thing very well - it was one of the best hooks in the storyline (the fact that he seemingly regressed afterwards due to the author's need for him not to become to OP damaged the story for me). This story tries, but doesn't measure up.
Finally, I'm no big fan of brainwashing and mind controlling sex slaves, which is basically the direction this storyline seems to be going; so time for me to bow out.
If brainwashing women to milk their tits is Relevant To Your Interests, then enjoy - the author pays a great deal of attention to the texture, taste, and scent, as well as the humiliation angles - so it'll be popular among that crowd. YMMV.
This is the 5th series I've had to drop because of translator issues, and it's getting depressing. If you're not going to do it well enough to be proud of something, why are you even doing it?
This one went on multiple-chapter-long diatribes about how his future kingdom just needs slaves and servants, and friends and family are unnecessary and pointless. So I guess he'll just be throwing away his family and ignoring them from now on? : P