Examples: (all from MC's POV since nobody else really exists)
1) "Please incarnate me as a chuuni - no need for a childhood, family, or backstory, ~kthxby~!"
2) Chapter 2: From First Kill to Grill in a single sentence.
3) "I could really use a map" ~Poof~ "Majic plez" ~Poof~ "I can has language?" ~Poof~ . . . .
4) "Hi, you're the 4th person I've talked to, and you are a young, cute, nekomimi slave? Oooh, neeto!"
4.5) "Wow, the slave owner sure died fast, guess you're my property now!"
4.9) "I'll split the money three ways for the three survivors, except I'll release the old, ugly, lizard guy and give him the cash, but the cute young nekomimi with the sad past I'll keep enslaved and keep her money, too!"
5) Levelups for others: +7 in 2 years. With MC's plot armor: +7 in 2 weeks.
6) "Dawww - I'm a nice person, I'm not going to screw you on the first night. Slave. ; ) "
Had enough. Quitting here.
After spending 3 years in a forced, brutal, sometimes-lethal, survivalist training school where the leadership complains about the cost on every appearance, the MC and Co are sent out on their first mission with nothing but a poor-quality knife, zero intel about what they might be facing, little-to-no information on what they should be scavenging and how, and zero combat training. And it's done under 'instructors' that can't care less if the poor suckers survive - and most of them don't. So much for whining about how expensive they are to train. Later, after all the buildup of how deadly the environment is, the MC does everything he could possibly do wrong in that sort of environment, and has no problems. Granted, he later gets a macguffin that eliminates those threats, but he shouldn't have survived that long in the 1st place. Next it's exposed that they aren't told about the most valuable things they can retrieve, and even if they do, they are short-changed by more then an order of magnitude, if not robbed outright. The entire segment is nothing but an author wank for how stupidly evil the entire leadership is, and how wonderful the MC must be to triumph. Blech.
You just gotta know that he's not going to stop brainwashing girls and sucking their tits for bonus skill points. It was 'acceptable' when he was an infant, but the creepy line is riiight up ahead. Nope nope nope.
Mushoku Tensei did the reincarnation-as-a-baby thing very well - it was one of the best hooks in the storyline (the fact that he seemingly regressed afterwards due to the author's need for him not to become to OP damaged the story for me). This story tries, but doesn't measure up.
Finally, I'm no big fan of brainwashing and mind controlling sex slaves, which is basically the direction this storyline seems to be going; so time for me to bow out.
If brainwashing women to milk their tits is Relevant To Your Interests, then enjoy - the author pays a great deal of attention to the texture, taste, and scent, as well as the humiliation angles - so it'll be popular among that crowd. YMMV.
It's not a total downer ending, the big bad of this book does not make it to the end credits, at least, and hope is allowed. No assurances as to whether or not that sticks around the rest of the series, though.
1) The dad is expressed as a weak willed horndog desperate for tail, despite screwing his beautiful wife nightly.
2) Then they hire a beautiful woman with Dark Secrets for a martial arts instructor - expose the secrets existence, then timeskip 6 years, until her Dark Secrets lead her to EAT the father and delimb/kill the mother. ie: standard japanese plotting - gotta get rid of the family so the Adventure Can Begin. Ignoring the fact that a SINGLE QUESTION: "Why are you titled 'Calamity'" sometime in 6 years would have saved everyone. (no mention if the horndog dad screwed her over the timeskipped 6 years she was living with them, either)
3) Single Page (or less) chapter lengths. Seriously - 28 chapters, maybe 20 pages typed? I the same amount of time waiting for page refreshes as I did reading.
So, CORRECTION: Setup is piss poor. Not reading this further.
The torture of the Beloved Companion results in one sentence alleging 'madness', before calmly going on; later, the destitute protagonist suddenly acquires and wears 'inch thick black iron armor' under his shirt to deflect an end-of-chapter-cliffhanger lethal blow, etc. Even this early on, I felt like I was reading a 'color-by-numbers' xianxia plot - MC->Make MC sympathetic->Add Bully->Kick the dog->Add MysticTeacher->Get Revenge #1 of 999-> ... repeat.
If you can stand it, it might get better, but I'll pass.